In Microsoft Outlook you can create rules for incoming E-mails. A rule performs an action automatically, based on the conditions you have specified. For example, an e-mail can be moved from the inbox to a specific folder according to the condition you have assigned to the rule.
Note that rules do not apply to e-mails that have been read. They only apply to unread e-mails.
To create rules for Outlook follow the steps below:
1. Open Outlook and click on the Rules button under the HOME tab.
2. Select Create Rule.
3. A Create Rule dialog will open. Here you can select conditions through checkboxes (Refer to the image below).
- You can create a rule for a specific person. When he/she sends you an e-mail, it will automatically be moved to the specific folder that you will assign.
- You can also specify a word (For example, Folder HelpDesk) in the subject. When an e-mail subject contains that word, the e-mail will automatically be moved to the folder that you will assign.
1. Click on Select Folder. A Rules and Alerts dialog will open. Under Choose a folder, select a folder or click on New.
- When you click on the New, a Create New Folder dialog will open. Write the name you want to give to the folder (for example,,FHDLiveMonitoring in the image below) and click OK.
- Now a folder named FHDLiveMonitoring is created.
1. Click OK. A Success dialog will open. To run this rule on messages already in the current folder check the checkbox.
2. Now click on OK. The rule is created.
Create the articles inside Outlook and use all the Outlook tools you normally use.
Issue tracking and user support based on Microsoft Outlook and Exchange.
Report time and expenses directly inside the Outlook Calendar.
Visualize, categorize and manage tasks inside Outlook.
Visualize and organize e-mails on personal kanban board in Outlook.
Convert incoming e-mails into SharePoint list items, manually or automatically.
An application for booking resources within an organization which is totally integrated in Outlook.